in association with Variety and in conjunction with RioFilme. LATC will be the local Co-Producer advising on local sponsorships, media coverage, and speaker acquisitions.
“Winston Baker has hosted the most regarded names in entertainment and finance in Los Angeles, New York, Cannes, Zurich, Moscow, and Singapore and we are thrilled and honored to be working with RioFilme to present the inaugural Film Finance Forum Latin America in Brazil,” says Amy Baker, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Winston Baker. It is the first time that the Finance Forum is presented in Latin America.
The event will be a one-day forum consisting of panel discussions, strategy sessions, featured presentations, and a special keynote address. The speaking faculty will include executives and financiers from the US, Latin America, and Europe. Topics of discussion will include:
– Addressing new financing and risk mitigation strategies
– Developing and packaging films and the importance of agents
– Building international co-production projects
– Exploring local and global distribution opportunities
– Identifying soft money resources within Brazil and throughout Latin America
– Introducing new advancements in special effects and post-production services
Film Finance Forum Latin America will take place at the Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on August 21st 2013, and the program will be designed for attendees seeking to learn more about Brazil and Latin America’s overall growing entertainment field, as well as to know more about working business models in the US and Europe.