ANIMUS-LATC LATIN AMERICAN AUDIOVISUAL CO-PRO PARTNERSHIP SERVICE
A NEW AND UNIQUE SERVICE FOR EUROPEAN/US/ASIAN PRODUCERS SEEKING POTENTIAL PARTNERS FOR CO-PRODUCTION/INVESTMENT/DISTRIBUTION IN LATIN AMERICA
The CO-PRO PARTNERSHIP SERVICE offers an efficient mechanism to match producers of film, TV and other audiovisual formats with producing partners in Latin America. Specific features of the new co-production partnership service include:
• Identify potential partners in any Latin American country according to project profile
• Packaging of projects for presentation in Latin American markets/festivals
• Appropriate use of Latin American film funds, fiscal incentives and tax shelters
• Commercial deal and legal contract structures
• Target appropriate country with or without a co-pro treaty
• On-line application
• Preliminary commercial/legal review and recommendation for partnerships in one or more Latin American country (at no charge)
The new service follows their new publication Current Financing Mechanisms for Audiovisual Content in Latin America-2nd Edition (e-book free download available here) containing up-to-date legislative and film production tax shelter information on 13 countries in the region.
To download the on-line application to receive a preliminary commercial/legal review, please click here.
Following receipt of an on-line application, and analysis of each project profile, LATC and CQS will recommend project formatting options, appropriate partners, countries and use of possible incentives in order to best advance the audiovisual project in terms of financing, production, sales and distribution.
Some of the incentives, legislation and treaties to be considered, depending on the specific project profile include:
• Argentina: Law 17.741, Res. 2202, Dec. 1527, Res. 2203
• Brazil: Law 8685 (Arts. 1, 3, 1-A, 3-A), Law. 12.485, Provisional Measure 8313
• Colombia: Law 814, Law 1556
• Dominican Republic: Law 108-10, FONPROCINE
• Mexico: FOPROCINE, FIDECINE, EFICINE ART. 189, PROAV
• Bilateral country treaties, international co-production treaties, Ibero-American Cinematographic Integration Agreement, among others.
For more information about the LATC-Animus Co-Pro Partnership Service, please contact:
Fernanda Lima, email@example.com or
Daniela Pfeiffer, firstname.lastname@example.org