For Free Download of the Guide, available only in Spanish, please, click here!
The Latin American Training Center-LATC announces the launch of its new, free guide in Spanish for Latin American Film Commissions. The new Guide is a companion to the previous LATC “Guide for Film Commissions in Brazil,” published last year in Portuguese with support by the Cesnik, Quintino & Salinas Law Firm.
Both publications offer basic information and recommendations to effectively establish and operate a film commission at the municipal or state level anywhere the region. Designed to meet the growing need for professional, efficient film commissions, the new Guide is a valuable tool for the groundwork involved in designing and implementing a new film commission, and also offers tips for the improved management of existing film commissions in Latin America. The book is aimed at multiple audiences, including government officials, film and TV producers, politicians and managers.
Divided into two sections, the guide in Spanish consists of 10 chapters on the creation, structure, administration and operation of a film commission in Latin America, followed by 10 articles contributed by well-known international industry authorities, emphasizing the critical importance and urgency of film commissions to producers and their contribution to economic development and job creation. Among the experts who have contributed are:
- Jean Prewitt, President, Independent Film and Television Alliance-IFTA
- Kevin Clark, Executive Director, Association of Film Commissioners International-AFCI
- Nancy Haecker, President, Location Managers Guild International-LMGI
- Vans Stevenson, Senior Vice President, State Government Affairs, Motion Picture Association of America-MPAA
- Miguel Angel Benzal, Director General, Entidad de Gestión de los Derechos de los Productores Audiovisuales – EGEDA
- Viviana Dirolli, Gerencia de Asuntos Jurídicos, Instituto Nacional de Cine y Artes Audiovisuales de La Argentina-INCAA
- Ana Aizenberg, Coordinator, Latin American Film Commission Network-LAFCN and Executive Director, Argentina Film Commission
- Adrian Solar, President, Iberoamerican Federation of Film and Audiovisual Producers-FIPCA
- Joseph Chianese, Executive Vice President, EP Financial Solutions
- Steve Solot, President, Rio Film Commission and Executive Director, Brazilian Film Commission Network-REBRAFIC
For more information on LATC technical consulting and support services for film commissions contact LATC at firstname.lastname@example.org.