Registration is now open for the one-day workshop, “How To Access The Dynamic Latin American Film And Television Markets” to take place Saturday, February 17th from 1pm to 5pm at the Downtown Media Center, 168 SE 1st St., 3rd Floor. The initiative is part of the working agreement between FilmGate-Miami and the Latin American Training Center-LATC.
Conducted by LATC President Steve Solot, the workshop is aimed at film and television producers, executives, attorneys, investors and others interested in a panorama of the multiple opportunities in the audiovisual industries in Latin American countries. Professionals with projects, entrepreneurs, and business developers will gain insight into how to position activities in key markets, platforms, access government funds and partner with local players. Followed by a cocktail party!
- Overview of Latin American Film and Television Industries;
- Overview of Latin American Government Film Institutes;
- Overview of Latin American Audiovisual Legislation;
- Overview of Latin American Co-production Treaties;
- Overview of Latin American Film Commissions;
- Overview of Intellectual Property Rights Issues in Latin America;
- Overview of Latin American Production Incentives;
- Overview of industry organizations, producer associations, institutions;
- How to prepare a US company for market entry into Latin America;
- Film Festivals and Markets in Latin America;
The first 10 registrants will receive a copy of the new LATC bi-lingual Spanish/English publication “Current Mechanisms for Financing Audiovisual Content in Latin America, Third Edition”.
For more information and tickets see LATC-FilmGate Latin American Market Workshop