PROGRAM | PACKAGE | COSTS | REQUIREMENTS
From November 1st to November 6th, 2011 25 Ibero-American filmmakers and other film industry participants in the 3rd LATC-EGEDA US Film Industry Immersion Program: Focus on Los Angeles will have the opportunity to experience an “immersion” into the commercial, legal, marketing, artistic, academic and new media aspects of the US audiovisual industry through an intensive schedule of meetings, presentations, panels and other industry activities in the Los Angeles area.
Producers and screenwriters are welcome to participate with or without film projects. During the week, participants will have the opportunity to ask specific questions and discuss their projects with US-based producers, agents, studio executives and distributors, generating real possibilities for development, financing, distribution and co-production. Participants will also be provided with an exclusive insider’s tour and access to selected events of the American Film Market, the premiere global marketplace for films. Other industry meetings include briefing sessions by a leading entertainment attorney, a film industry independent market consultant and top talent agency executives, as well as “pitching” training sessions.
LATC and EGEDA have designed the 2011 US Film Industry Immersion Program: Focus on Los Angeles and developed an exciting itinerary with its partners, NALIP and the IFTA Foundation™, a supporting foundation of the Independent Film & Television Alliance® (IFTA®). IFTA® is the owner and producer of the American Film Market®. LATC-EGEDA US Film Industry Immersion Program: Focus on Los Angeles is aimed at increasing the presence of independent Ibero-American talent and audiovisual content in the US market, promoting co-productions with the US, as well as finding ways for new talent who wish to make US movies to enter the English language film market.
Upon arrival in the US, participants will enjoy a welcome dinner and orientation session in the world famous Beverly Hilton Hotel. The hotel is just blocks away from Rodeo Drive, celebrity hot spot restaurants and shops.
The Beverly Hilton is also the home of the Golden Globes ceremony. In the following days, in addition to sessions with IFTA® and NALIP, visits to other well-known film industry entities such as the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), the Writers Guild of America (WGA), Producers Guild of America (PGA), the American Film Institute (AFI) and Warner Bros. are also on the agenda. Participants will also be provided with an insider’s tour and access to selected events of the American Film Market, the premiere global marketplace for films.
Other industry meetings include briefing sessions by a leading entertainment attorney, a film industry independent market consultant and top talent agency executive, as well as “pitching” training sessions.
The final detailed schedule of meetings and events will be available 1 month prior to the beginning of the Immersion Program.
- 5 nights (November 1-6) in the four-star Beverly Hilton Hotel (double occupancy).
- Single rooms available at extra charge of US$ 500 upon request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Professional Film Industry Meeting Agenda in Los Angeles;
- Welcome dinner and orientation session;
- Breakfasts and lunches;
- Airport-hotel transfers;
- Ground transportation in Los Angeles to meetings and events in an air conditioned bus.
COST AND PAYMENT:
- Total cost: US$ 2,000
- Reservation deposit: US$ 500 by September 1st
- Deadline for submission of Entry Form and full payment: October 8th
- Early bird discount of US$ 200 for the submissions with full payment by September 20th!
- All payments may only be made through PayPal system at latamtrainingcenter.com
- Applicants will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis
- Attention: Only 7 spaces still available!
- The US Film Industry Immersion Program: Focus on Los Angeles is open to professionals from Latin American countries, Spain and Portugal, with or without projects in development.
- Filmmakers who intend to discuss or present their film projects in group meetings must provide a one-page synopsis (in English) by October 8th. LATC cannot guarantee that all projects submitted will be presented.
- Medium-level English proficiency (minimum: good comprehension, average speaking) is required.
- Completed application with half-page biography and jpeg format photograph, and non-refundable reservation deposit (US$ 500) are required by September 20th.
- Balance of program cost (US$ 1,500) must be paid by October 8th.
- US tourist or business visa.
- Minimum age: 21.
- Each participant is responsible for round-trip travel arrangements from city of origin to Los Angeles and US entry visa.
- All accommodations are based on double occupancy. Single rooms available at extra charge of US$ 500 upon request, please contact email@example.com.
- Traffic in Los Angeles is especially difficult. Departure times as per the schedule from the hotel and other locations will be strictly adhered to in order to ensure arriving in time for important meetings. If any participant miss a group departure, he/she will be responsible for arriving in time at the scheduled meeting at his/her own expense. Meetings may involve special passes and security checks on entering the buildings. Walking in during a presentation is not allowed.
- Producers are encouraged to seek financial aid for partial or all of the above cost from their respective national government film and export promotion agencies.
- Confirmations of receipt of application, non-refundable reservation deposit, and final confirmation of completed registration with full payment will be provided by email.
- Confirmation of the Immersion Program subject to minimum number of confirmed participants.
- In the event of cancelation of the program, deposits made through PayPal will be returned, less corresponding PayPal transaction charge.
- LATC reserves the right to make necessary changes to the schedule at any time, without notice, and the right to cancel/substitute meetings, seminars or dates/times, subject to speakers’ availability.
LATC Head of US Programs
Los Angeles, Califórnia
LATC Special Projects
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Entry Form should be sent by email to:
LATC Special Projects